Last Updated: 26 August, 2016
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in forums or other interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include basic user information, which may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, postal address and phone number, and other contact or identifying information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information: We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We collect information about the location of the mobile device you use to access our Services. To allow us to identify your location, you must enable this functionality through your mobile device's settings. We have no control over your device's settings
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as "tracking pixels"). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into an account on our Services through a third party social media service, we will have access to certain information from that service, such as your name, email address, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that service.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for the following purposes:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Introduce other exactly.me users to you via the mobile app, as well as introduce you to other users via the mobile app. Part of this experience may entail using the app’s messaging functionality. exactly.me users may use the app’s Privacy Settings to modify how discoverable they are by other exactly.me users.
- Provide personalized recommendations and advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by exactly.me and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Investigate and prevent illegal activities and other unauthorized use of our Services;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose necessarily contemplated by the collection of information about you or as otherwise notified via the Services at the time of collection.
exactly.me is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S. and other countries.
Sharing of Information
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if disclosure is required by, or if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of exactly.me or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business with or to another company;
- With other users and the general public, where the information is posted to a forum, user profile, or other publicly accessible area or feature of the Services; and
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools, which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics Services Provided by Others
exactly.me takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of your personal information in all cases.
Access to Information
To the extent legally required, we will provide you with access to the information we hold about you. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive access to this information, or to correct or amend information we hold about you that is inaccurate. When you log into your account and view your profile after our launch, you may also access and review or update your online account information. Please note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails from exactly.me by following the instructions in those emails or by sending an email request to email@example.com. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.